960. Memorial Day


twelve disciples 
sitting around a circle
making music



At the end of a long memorial day weekend, I overheard my next-door neighbor’s father sighing, “I’m so tired of going to so many barbecues.” Me? I didn’t go to a barbecue. I did go to a music circle: 2 banjos, 2 ukuleles, 1 auto harp, 1 gold-plated singing saw, 6 guitars, and 2 harmonicas. What a pleasure!  

Here are some inspiring quotes about music: Music is the universal language of mankind…If had my life to live again, I would’ve made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week… Music makes everything better...Music is what tells us that the human race is greater than we realize…You couldn’t not like someone who likes the guitar…I would teach children, music, physics, and philosophy, but most important is music for the patterns in music, and all the arts, are the keys to learning.